Blue Underground is releasing the DVD version of the 1983 Frank Frazetta film Fire and Ice. Frazetta is, like, the best artist since Manet (mostly because Manet never used any furry bikinis). I didn't even know the dude made a film, and the best part is that it was done in '83, which was prime time for fantasy films; Dragonslayer in '81, Conan in '82, Conquest in '83, Krull in '83 as well, The Sword and the Sorcerer in '82, and then Legend and Ladyhawke (Rutger Hauer, what!) a little behind in '85. In the words of Gwen Stefani "OOH, This my shit, this my shit."
Brooklyn bound this weekend for Independance Day, hit me up on if you want to let me know about anything cool going on between Sunday night and Tuesday night... Not alot going on in streetwear this week, but here are some ruminations and such...
- Can I just say "nigga what" to Minor? Ever since it dropped it's been consitently bitchin, and with little electronic fanfare. The joints are on point, strictly black and white, and no hip hop shit either.
- For the chain rockers: Tom Binns. Chain length can be a hotly contested subject; Go too long and you'll look like Ja-Rule (not a good thing), too short and you'll look like a woman (might be a good thing, depends on who you hang out with...). I say stick around 24".
- 930 F Street is playing at the 930 Club in DC Friday night. I checked the joint at Silver Docs, and it was off the hook! Devo concert footage from the eary early '80s, HR from Bad Brains, Ian Mackaye from Dischord, and even Chuck Brown in the mix. Peep insane game, bitches!
- I don't "do" these, like, cute novelty insta-print t shirts, but I do "do" ha-ha you're probably anorexic meets Star Wars. Also I don't even like skinny chicks, even if they do more coke than Princess Leia. This broad is more my speed, NSFWly enough.
- Screwed my favorite Kenny Loggins song for U Mean, check it out.